Yusuf Ali Esq. SAN was called to the Nigerian Bar about 3 decades ago. He has remained in active legal practice ever since. He attended the University of Ife, now (Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife) where he made a 2nd Class Upper Division for his Bachelor of Laws degree. He attended the Nigerian Law School, where he also passed with a 2nd Class Upper Division. He was appointed by the Chief Justice of Nigeria in 1989, as a Notary Public. He attained the highest professional honor at the Nigerian Bar in 1997, when he was conferred with the prestigious and honorable title of Senior Advocate of Nigeria (S.A.N.)
He is the Principal and Founder of the Law Firm, Yusuf O. Ali & Co, Ghalib Chambers.
Yusuf Ali SAN is a member of many professional bodies such as:
1. Nigerian Bar Association
2. International Bar Association
3. American Bar Association
4. Commonwealth Lawyers Association; among others.
1. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, (FCIArb) (UK).
2. Fellow Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb) (Nigeria)
3. Member Chartered Institute of Taxation Nigeria (CITN)
4. Fellow Society for Peace Studies and Practice (FSPSP).
5. Fellow Dispute Resolution Institute (F. DRI)
Yusuf Ali SAN also served and is still serving on boards of many Companies and Institutions. He was the Chairman Kwara State Law Reform Committee. He is a member of the Board of Trustee of Al-Hikmah University Ilorin. He is the Chairman Council of Public Defenders Kwara state He is the Chairman Board of Directors Apex Microfinance Bank Ltd.
Yusuf Ali SAN held and still holds many professional offices including but not limited to
1. Sole Judge of the Kwara State Local Government Election Petition Tribunal 1996
2. Member Kwara State Local Government Election Appeal Tribunal 1997
3. Member Body of Benchers
4. Member National Executive Committee, Nigerian Bar Association
5. Former Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of Nigerian Bar Journal
6. Currently, the Chairman of the NBA Committee on the Rule Of Law
7. Pioneer Chairman, Nigerian Bar Association Section on Legal Practice (SLP)