Abass Sani Sambo is the Deputy Managing Director of swiss pharma Nigeria Limited (formerly Roche Nig Ltd), one of the top three pharmaceutical companies in Nigeria. Abbas is also a fellow of five professional associations.
• Fellow, Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria – one of the youngest fellows for his services to the profession.
• Fellow, West African Post-graduate College of Pharmacy. A post-graduate programme and awarded consultant – social and administrative pharmacist.
• Fellow, National Institute of Marketing in Nigeria (Chartered)
• Fellow, Leadership for Environment and sustainable development – LEAD international, a non-profit organization with more than 1,600 leaders in more than 80 countries with objective of inspiring leadership across the world for sustainable development
• Fellow, Institute of Benefits and Trust Management Nigeria
With a wide background encompassing over 20 years, He has gained good hands-on Management experience while working. While originally being an honours graduate in Pharmacy have moved to higher profile positions gaining experience in Marketing and Sales Management functions, training, general management and business development.
Has a Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm), Master Degree in Business Administration (MBA); both from Ahmadu Bello university, Zaria. He also has M.Sc – Corporate Governance from Leeds Metropolitan University, United Kingdom.
Abbas has been re-elected as the Financial Secretary of the West African Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association (WAPMA). Was also selected among the 30 Nigerians that are currently participating in a Pan-African Interaction Leadership Programme (running in 19 countries across Africa / United Kingdom orgainised by the British Council in partnership with Questions of Difference (QoD).